The goal of the San Benito County Arts Council’s Arts Express! Grant Program is to support cultural and artistic growth, foster arts accessibility and equity and promote cultural diversity in San Benito County. Arts Express! provides support to local artists, art groups, teachers, and art and cultural organizations through quick and easy mini-grants up to $2,500. Applicants may request funding for the creation of new work; exhibitions & presenting; arts in education programs; community outreach or to support organizational capacity.
Applications are now closed.
Grant requirements include that applicants must be based in San Benito County. Proposed projects must be for the benefit of San Benito County residents and project activities must reflect artistic practices and traditions in the visual and performing arts (i.e. music, dance, theater, fine art, traditional arts, etc.), as well as demonstrate quality, originality and creativity through artistic production. All projects must promote cultural awareness, diversity and inclusion. Applicants may request funding for the creation of new work; exhibitions & presenting; arts in education programs; community outreach or to support organizational capacity.
2019 Arts Express Grantees
- El Teatro Campesino- $750 for Teatro Family Day in San Juan Bautista
- San Benito Stage Company- $750 for Summer Theater Camp
- Aromas Hills Artisans- $500 for Artist Workshops
- Terra Cultura- $500 for Community Mural in Aromas
- Chamberlain’s Childrens Center- $500 for youth art workshops
- JMM Dance Company- $500 for bilingual/inclusive Summer Dance Camp in San Juan Bautista
- Mr. O’s Academy of the Arts- $500 for general operations
- Folklorico Juvenil- $500 for costumes for Folklorico Juvenil
- Victoria Murray- $500 for Portrait Exhibition
- Vicki Rashkin- $500 for music program at Ladd Lane School
- Anzar High School- $300 for Art Department exhibition materials
- RO Hardin School- $300 for art workshops for 2nd grade classes
- Calpulli Itzpapalotl Danza Azteca- $300 for costumes
- Roxy Montana- $225 for art supplies for TK art workshops at Ladd Lane School
The 2019 Arts Express! Grant Program is made possible through a Community Impact Grant from the Community Foundation for San Benito County and from Corbin.