Join our Curating Committee in 2024!
We are in search of five emerging artists and/or arts professionals to serve on a committee of guest curators to design and install two art exhibitions at our Arts Council’s facility, The Art Depot, in downtown Hollister in 2024. This is an opportunity to collaborate with a team of artists and creatives while learning more about presenting and exhibiting art in a gallery setting.
This is a volunteer opportunity; selected curators will receive a flat stipend of $300 for participation.
Ideal candidates will be collaborative, energetic, creative, and innovative and be able to commit to the meeting schedule below.
Guest Curator Roles & Responsibilities:
- Attend 5 virtual exhibition design meetings in February, March, May, June & August
- Assist in the concept design and planning for two distinct art exhibitions-May/June & August/September
- Collaborate in the development of one community engagement event for each exhibition
- Assist in the outreach and promotion related to calls for artists and exhibition events
- Assist in the installation of artwork and preparation of the gallery for public viewing
- 18 years of age or older
- Resident of San Benito County
Guest curators will be selected based on diverse representation including geography, stage of artistic interest, cultural background, and experience.
The deadline to apply is Sunday, Jan. 28th at 11:59 pm. Selected guest curators will be notified by Friday, Feb. 2nd.
For other questions, please email email@example.com or call 831.636.2787.