Attention all nonprofit staff, board, volunteers and advocates!
Register to attend a virtual Nonprofit Advocacy Workshop, on Thursday, March 3rd, 11 am, focused on nonprofit organizations’ state legislative advocacy, co-sponsored by CalNonprofits and NextGen Policy, in partnership with the Nonprofit Alliance of Monterey County, San Benito County Arts Council, and Nonprofit Connection Santa Cruz County.
This virtual workshop will focus on what nonprofits can and should do, with limited time and resources, to represent and support our communities. What can nonprofits be doing to advocate for our communities in the age of COVID-19 and beyond? What can’t we do? How do we do it without breaking the budget?
Discussions (including in small groups) will include:
+ The unexpected reasons nonprofits should be advocates
+ The do’s and don’ts of nonprofit advocacy
+ Nonprofit advocacy in Monterey, San Benito, and Santa Cruz Counties
+ Advocacy approaches and tools, with a focus on easy steps
- State Senator John Laird (D-Santa Cruz)
- Francisco (Paco) Estrada, Council Member, Watsonville City Council
- Paulette Lynch, Interim Executive Director, Nonprofit Alliance of Monterey County
- Jennifer Laine, Executive Director, San Benito County Arts Council
- Rose Filicetti, Founder and Executive Director, Nonprofit Connection Santa Cruz County
- Jan Masaoka, CEO, CalNonprofits
- Lucy Salcido Carter, Policy Director, CalNonprofits
- Samantha Seng, Legislative Manager and Policy Advisor, NextGen Policy
There is no cost to attend this training, but space is limited and registration is required.
Spanish language interpretation and closed captioning will be available. Handouts will be provided in advance of the workshop.