We’re looking for practicing artists to join our dynamic Arts in Education team!
The San Benito County Arts Council, a nonprofit arts organization based in Hollister, California has immediate openings for part-time Teaching Artist positions, reporting directly to the Director of Arts Education. Ideal candidates will be highly-organized, collaborative, energetic and reliable, as well as possess excellent communication, computer and arts-based skills.
We are hiring for temporary summer positions with an opportunity for permanent employment for the 2021-2022 school year. Applicants should apply with the intent that they can commit to all hours during the 6-week summer session.
*Interested applicants should apply ASAP. This application will stay open until filled.
NOTE: The job description that follows is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
General Job Function: Direct Artistic Instruction to Students K-8
- Follow and implement arts-based lesson plans in multiple mediums
- Support student learning in and through the arts
- Collaborate with classroom teachers, school staff, and Arts Council staff
- Gather materials and resources for instruction
- Document/assess student learning
- Attend bi-monthly teaching artist meetings
- Attend required trainings or professional development
- Implement classroom management strategies
- Abide by school, and Arts Council policies and procedures
- Perform other duties as requested by the ED and Director of Arts Education.
Required Qualifications/ Skills
- Strong background, experience and training in the visual arts; understanding of elements of art & design and experience working in different mediums
- High school degree; some college or undergraduate degree preferred
- Teaching experience/arts education teaching
- Experience working with youth
- Commitment to student equity
- Understanding of Google Docs and Google Classroom
- Strong interpersonal & verbal communication skills; motivated, energetic & optimistic
- Ability to complete Background Check
- Experience teaching in diverse communities
- Experience in community-arts practice
- Part time: up to 16 hours per week-starting salary commensurate with experience and education Office/School sites based in San Benito County
TO APPLY, please email a cover letter, resume and up to three work samples that reflect your artistic practice to our Director of Arts Education, Amanda Chiado, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download this Job Description & Application Information.
Visit our Arts in Education page to learn more about our Arts in Education Programs.